Wednesday, April 30, 2008

getting my grove back

Now that I have been home for a week, it has been so great, but I must say it is really hard to settle back into the swing of things like house work. It didn't help that Chloe and Addie wanted to be in the same room so now the girls are all down stairs. We are in a mess moving stuff over, still trying to unpack from all we had at the apartment and loads of DI stuff. I try but who can ever stay on top of the dang laundry, maybe I should simplify in the clothing department. If anyone has tips send them my way because I need all the help I can get.
It is fun to see the great people that I am surrounded by after not seeing them for months.

4 comments:

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

I've got a great laundry trick for you. I call it "clean clothing is optional." My sister-in-law picked up my baby and said, "He smells like sour milk!" I looked at him and remembered "Oh yeah, he wore that outfit YESTERDAY." Ooops! I have a hard time keeping up on laundry for four people, let alone six! Let me know when you figure it out.
-Emily Sim

Gram & Gramp England said...

Well, we create our own problems by buying our kids (and ourselves) too many clothes---but we like lots of cool looking clothes so we do it anyway! Ha,ha! I would suggest, first of all, that you try to do at least one batch EVERY day and don't let it back up to the point that it is overwhelming. Just wash it, fold it, put it away and then go do whatever else you want to do---you know, like eating the elephant one bite at a time thing. Second, I think Addie and Chloe are old enough to HELP fold and put away their clothes if all three of you do it together as a fun mother/daughter bonding experience. Just a thought that might help.
Carol

Cindy England said...

Two shirts, two pants, two pairs of underwear, and no socks and then rotate.

Melissa said...

Stacie, We struggle with laundry issues around here too. It seems that it is the common problem in most households. We never are caught up. I think your mother-in-law has a great idea about washing a load every day, then you wouldn't have 8 on wash day. It is worth a try. Just know you are not alone on this one. We always have one load left in the dryer (or two, the other in a basket) and we are digging through it for matching socks or clean underwear. Motherhood is busy. Too bad you couldn't get Brooke White as a nanny. That would make Addie and Chloe happy. :) I was sad to see her go too. I liked her.