Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Clinic
Today went really well, she has a little GVHD but a little bit is good to get her body immune to it. So they are going to watch it and we will get some creams to help, hopefully we won't have to use oral steriods. Cord blood donors usually get a little bit of GVHD or some sort of rashes. We got some good news, her bone marrow test came back at 100% of donor marrow!! There is no sign of her cells, which is good because we don't want any of her cells there to turn into cancer and corrupt the donor cells. So that is great news. She will still be on full dose of meds and not taper off yet because of GVHD but hopefully in a month or so she can start tappering off. Her liver levels are improving which is a good sign for the GVHD, because it isn't effecting her liver, it must just be on the skin. They said the sun effects the rash so we aren't going to be able to keep her from going outside, so she will just have to wear a hat sunscreen and long sleeves and pants for awhile. Well that is our update, we are excited her BMT is finally completed with 100% and she is doing well. It is a relief!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YAY!!! That's great news!
What great news!!!
YA HOO!
Chloe,
I'm so excited for you! I came to Utah but it was the day you went home so I didn't get to see you. Bummer! But I was so excited that you got to go home that I wasn't even worried that I didn't get to visit. Going home was way funner than seeing me in the apartment, huh! I'll be coming with all my kids in a couple of months and I hope it works out to visit you, Chloe, and Elsie. Rachel and Janie miss all of you and sure love their cousins!
Love you!
I am so glad! Yeah Chloe!!!!!
woo hoo!
That is so AWESOME!! GO CHLO!
Post a Comment