Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Clinic today

It sounds like it was a pretty frustrating day at the clinic. Her stinkin dressings don't stay on and I have complained and complained about them falling off but they don't send new ones. So by the end of the appointment greenish puss was coming out of her central line and it was red. So there is an infection in her line. They took some of the puss to culture it. It was pretty much a nightmare getting her dressing changed at the hospital for Jake, chloe likes me to change them and apparently she didn't mind letting all the nurses know that by screaming at the top of her lungs continuously when it was changed. I know how that feels and it is very stressful. (sorry jake) He was pretty frustrated. She hasn't gotten a fever so they just put a disc on her central line that injects antibiotics into the skin to help it heal. I pray that it won't get worse.

1 comment:

Gram & Gramp England said...

Man! What a bummer! Hope she is okay and the infection clears right up.