This morning the head doctor came in to look at chloe's rash. He explained that what she has is engraftment syndrome. That is when the new cells are creating white blood cells and they release proteins into the body and it causes rashes. He did say that is could turn into GVHD when the counts go up and a little bit of it is a good thing, so they are just watching it because it doesn't always turn into GVHD. They are going to treat it with the streirods to see if it clears it up, which in one day it seems to be looking better, not her feet but her belly and back and hands. I was glad that the head guy named Dr Pulsipher came in, he know his stuff and explains it good. He is one of the head BMT docs in the country.
So we just wait, I take pictures here but have no idea where the cord it to put the pics on the computer. Rhen is the most frustrating eater I have ever had! He wakes up in the night and will only eat for 4 minutes and he is done but then he will wait 3 hours to eat more. So I decided this weekend I am going to try to get him to sleep longer at night not feed him so much cause I just get tired of waking up for 4 minute feeding sessions. And like this morning he hadn't eaten since 5 oclock and it was 8 and he only ate for 4 minutes! ugh! He is gaining weight and getting bigger but he just will arch his back and not eat and be fine just looks around doesn't cry or anything. so last night was very frustrating, plus the nurse was reallly loud. I am going to try to not drink milk again to see if that helps, its a bummer cause they have really good chocolate chip cookies here and with milk it is so good. The shower situation really stinks here! The parent shower which is one shower for 23 rooms, I didn't even get one yesterday and I went to go in this morning there was already a line. It makes it more frustrating for me cause I haul a baby in his bouncer seat and all my stuff and then someone is in there! Oh the joys of hosptial life.
1 comment:
Hey Stacie,
If it makes you feel any better both of my boys ate for about 3 or 4 min. on each side. I always worried that they weren't getting enough, but I learned they were just very good little suckers! Maybe Rhen just is a good little sucker as well! Especially if he isn't acting fussy and he is gaining weight. Give Chloe our love! We hope she starts feeling better soon!
Post a Comment