We went down yesterday to meet with the radiation team at Huntsman Cancer Institute ( boy is that a nice institution) We were told about the side effects and how she will be placed to get her treatment. As a mom I tried to stay brave but they took us into this cold scientific space age type room and put her onto a bike seat against the wall. She has to be all by herself for about 40 minutes to get her treatment and I thought of leaving her there all by herself and just cried. I couldn't let her see me cause then she would be scared to do it. Wow, I wasn't prepared for that. She was so brave. While they took x-rays in the room and we had to leave her there by herself. I saw her in the monitor outside the room, she was alone and being so good. My heart broke and today I still get teary eyed about it. On sunday the Stake Presidency visited us and gave us blessings. They were wonderful blessings. We appreciated it very much.
We have to go down wed. thurs. and fri for more preperation meetings. Wow, this is really happening. I am scared and comforted at the same time. Thanks for all your prayers and please keep her and my other kids in your prayers as well, if you would, these next few weeks. Thanks so much!
4 comments:
I am so sorry Stacie, it breaks my heart to hear you talk about that cold room and leaving her in there. I think about you all and we pray for your whole family. What a cutie little Rhen is!
Love,
Karen Russell
You are always in our prayers. We can't imagine what you are going through, but know our thoughts are with you every day! We think the world of each of you and admire your bravery and attitude.
Man Stacie, you are the toughest mom I know. I look up to you. We love you and wish that we were closer!
Jake and Stacie,
Congrats on your new precious little bundle. What a sweetie. You are constantly in our prayers and thoughts. We would LOVE to take Elsie (and any of the other family members) ANYTIME!!! Please don't hesitate to call. You are truly amazing.
Love,
Cam and Holly
Post a Comment