Friday, January 18, 2008

nose picker

Chloe has been getting bloody noses this week, she keeps picking it and then it bleeds. No bloody nose was worse than last night though. Since her platlettes are low the blood won't clot to stop it so it bled really good for a half hour. They gave her some platlettes last night to help it and so upped the number for the platlette transfusion cutoff. So instead of a transfusing at 16,000 she will get it when they go down to 30,000. She got another one this morning but it stopped pretty fast. She was also given afrin to help her nose not feel plugged up so she will quit picking.

Last night she was a little chatty and we were talking with the nurse about taking pills and how some kids even when they are 11 years old can't take pills. I told her when she is done with treatments she can come back and teach kids how to take pills. She said she would only do it for kids who didn't know how. Then we talked about teaching Rhen to take pills (when he is older of course because of the choking issue). She said, "well then I will be done with taking pills so I will just have to teach him with m&m's or tic tac's." That sounded so good, she will be done with pills! She is a cutie. We had a rough night last night, chlo had a bad dream and rhen was crying and I ran out of diapers and then he wouldn't go back to sleep, he was wide awake. So I am really tired and my body just isn't made for this blue leather pull out bed!! I think I will come home this weekend to rest up my healing body.

No comments: