Monday, January 28, 2008
those dreaded steroids
I really didn't want to see her have to go on steriods, but if it will help with the GVHD then she needs to be on them. She had an uneventful night with I am glad about having a little one to wakeup with too. The doc's came in this morning and said her feet are getting worse so they want to start on a low dose of steriods to see if it will help and to also see if it really is GVHD, if it is it should clear up the rash in 48 hours. They are still thinking it is too soon for engraftment with a cord blood donor, but he said it isn't the first time they have seen it. I felt bad because when the docs came in I was telling them that all the side effects that I have read about of GVHD Chloe has most of them so I was thinking that is was...so basically I as telling them their job, so I feel bad cause I don't want them to think I know more than they do, I just don't want it to go to her liver. So although I hate having her on steriods it will show us if it is GVHD. The steriod they put her on she did well with in sept so hopefully she won't turn into a mean girl. I know I know you are thinking chloe be mean? Oh yea, steriods can make her into one! She is in good spirits today, she cracks me up because her feet were itching this morning so she asked the nurse for a drug to help her itching and after 15 minutes she was still complaining that they itched and she said to me "I think I asked for the wrong drug, I needed vesterile." It just is funny she knows and remembers the names of some hard named drugs. She is definatley heading for a nursing degree!! We will keep you updated on if the steroids help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Chloe. Maybe next time I come to visit her she can teach me about some of the medications. she is so SMART. I pray for her all the time!
Post a Comment