Sunday, January 13, 2008

Count your blessings.

I was just in the hall chatting with a couple of parents of kids who have just had bone marrow transplants. One had the exact same protocol as chloe has this last week, the other did all the same except one drug. Chloe has been feeling lousy and having some side effects, but from what it sounds like she has handled the TBI and Chemos pretty well so far. The other kids had a really rough time with either the TBI or Chemos. They referred to that week as the week from Hell. Chloe must have a high tolerance for pain or she is just not a complainer. I mean it hasn't been awesome, but not as bad as the other kids apparently experienced. It almost makes you wonder if she is getting enough to do the job. I just hope it gets taken care of this time. Hopefully she will keep handling things as well as she has; some of the side effects won't present themselves until next week.

She is finally done with the 3 a day baths! She loves baths, but she hates getting her pic line and broviak cleaned 3 times a day. She was very pleased to get her bandages back on and have a week break before having to remove them and sanitize the area again.

1 comment:

the eskelsons said...

Glad to hear Chloe is doing better than you expected, I hope it can stay that way. She has been through enough already. We are thinking of you!