I didn't mention this to Stacie the other day [which i have been chastized for] but on Friday they saw some blast in Chloe's blood samples. The blasts are the cancerous cells and she can't have any in there before going through BMT. I was really worried about it, but when I asked the nurse she said more than likely it was the nupogen shots she had been given that caused the abnormality. She had the shots to boost her immune system, but apparently they can cause a blood test to indicate blasts - so they have to do further testing. She had gotten so many nupogen shots I thought that had to be the explanation for the blasts and the docs didn;t seem to be worried. After investigation they found it was caused by the nupogen and we were very happy to hear that. Still, i should have told Stacie - lesson learned. But at least she didn't have to worry about it, right? So really i was being very thoughtful.
Chloe got a shiney new picc line yesterday. She is not excited about it and I don't blame her one bit. I'm sure it's just no fun having little tubes hanging off of you especially a picc line in right on the inside of your elbow joint. Today we had several meetings with different parts of the bone marrow team at PCMC to discuss what coming up. It was information overload, but we understood more this time than we did at her initial diagnosis so i guess that is a good thing. We're back again tomorrow for the official road map and all the detailed explanations of possible side effects and outcomes, it should be a splendid day.
According to the BMT case manager, the donor cord blood is on a plane right now and should be safely at Primary's tonight at 8:00. Unfortunatley we will never know who donated it, but we sure are grateful they did because it's giving our Chlo-pie a second chance.
1 comment:
Man Jake that last paragraph made me loose it! We wish that we could do more for you guys. We love you!
Post a Comment