Monday, January 7, 2008

crazy, busy day

Today started at 5:30, with only 4 hours sleep. Rhen had a rough night tummy wise, he kept grunting and wouldn't let me put him down. Getting all the things done today that we needed to get done, with a newborn has been difficult. Just takes alot more time. Chloe started irradiation at 8:00 in the morning and I thought I was able to watch her on the tv and talk to her through the intercom but I guess they won't let anyone back in that area. So we waited in the waiting room, Ben and I (the tech). It was hard because it took longer than usual about 1 hour and 1/2 so we asked what was going on and I guess Chloe was wiggly and had to take a potty break. She was so brave! She came out of the office with a proud face on. She felt a little sick after and got a head ache. We had a little break until the next apt at 3 so I got all the Ronald McDonald house set up. I might sleep there tonight since I am stinkin tired! The next irradiation went better, shorter I mean. She came back to the hospital with a major head ache. she was crying alot it hurt so bad! We got some bigger strengh meds for her than last time. It finally kicked in after an hour or so. It was sad to see her in that pain, so we know now she needs meds when she is done. She is feeling great now and is chatty with Addie and Elsie and Dad. I just look at her and think how brave she is. She is taking this on with such stride! I think she realizes she just needs to get through this and kick her cancer cells out and she will be able to be a normal little girl. Well that is our day and it starts over tommorow same time same place. She is already a little darker skinned. It is like a tanning bed. She wants to go to cancun when she is done she tells us! So we are saving up for that trip. Then she can be tan the good american way through the sunshine! (with sunscreen of course) I will keep you all posted for tommorow, to let you know how she does then. Thanks for all your prayers and fasting!

No comments: