We are heading down today for the unwanted adventure. We start bright and early (6 am) on monday! Chloe has been asking more questions about her BMT and relapsing. I am glad because it helps her realize that it will help her. She told Jake last night that she was excited for her BMT because she gets a party and she can play with Mike (the child life coordinator). They make it really fun for her since it is going to be difficult for her.
When she gets her BMT they put a calendar on the door and people put in a dollar and the date they think the cells with engraft. Who ever wins gets the glory and Chloe gets the money. So if any of you want to tell us when you think it will engraft we can put the date on the calendar and put a dollar in the envelope. There is alot for us to be concerned about with germs. The food she eats has to be prepared at the hospital, no deli meat or meat. No salad or fruits such as strawberries, anything that can't be washed really well. No soft cheese. Her birthday is this month and I have to buy all new ingredients to make her cake. When I do make it I have to freeze it and then take it so the hospital can get it to just the right temp before she eats it. Anything I bring for her food wise needs to be individually wrapped and if I cook it I need to freeze it because the hospital has to bring it to the right temp, just like her cake. All her clothes we bring have to be put through the dryer and immediately put in a garbage bag. I had to go buy all new books and activities she would like cause they have to be new and put in a bag as well. No used books. She can't have visitors that are younger than 14. Even brothers and sisters, except in Rhen's case they make an exception. So...wow, there is more stuff but it would go on and on. My head was about to explode this week with all the meetings. And luckily we have insurance cause the BMT is about $265,000. And that doesn't include the doc fee's and such. Her BMT is on the 15th, it will be her second birthday! She is pretty excited to have two birthday's. Thanks for the special fast for our family today! We love you all! We say ready or not.. bring on the BMT...to get chloe better!!!
3 comments:
Good Luck! You all are in our prayers and we pray for a quick recovery for sweet little Chloe! It is going to be a crazy while for your family so please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help. Elsie is more than welcome to come over and play anytime (Addie too). Camden is really nervous to go to church today and get a new teacher, but I told him he needed to go because it is a special Sunday for Chloe and he needs to be strong for her. He just smiled and said "Ok mom, I can be strong for Chole". It was pretty sweet. Hang in there, we love you!
I know you don't know me, I am friends with Holly and got your blog a while ago and your story intrigues me. While I could not fast today because I am on meds I just wanted you to know your family is in my prayers. We hope all goes well for you. Good Luck little Chloe...your are a trooper and an inspiration to us all!
The title you chose for this blog was exactly what I was thinking this morning as I started the day and was wondering how things were going. We wish you enormous amounts of strength and comfort. We are praying for you. Please let us know if we can help in any way! Good luck to each of you!
Post a Comment