the last couple of days chloe hasn't been feeling super awesome and sleeping alot. This morning she had a blockage in her line when i was flushing it after some meds so I brought her up to the hospital. Of course, once we got here the blockage was gone. I think i must have broken up the clot she had while i was flushing it. 2 hrs later she had a fever and we had to have her admitted. Stacie drove down with the kids today so we could all be together for the weekend. She arrived just in time to leave again and take Chloe to the Hospital - which was nice because Chloe was really missing her mom. The doctor says usually if there is a blockage, kids have a fever within a couple of hours so i guess we are no exception. He doesn't think the fever will last, and we hope he is right. So it looks like we will be here in the hospital again until Sunday at least. It was nice to see some of her favorite nurses, but we don't miss this place at all.
Stacie says Rhen won't sleep, but after she left to the hospital he and i had a man to man talk and he slept for several hours. Actually it took me an hour or so to get him to calm down (would have taken Stacie 5 min.) and then i had to hold him the whole time or he would wake up. But after not seeing him for a week, I was ok with that.
Elsie told me today that the Fj might be a jeep because jeeps have spare tires on the back that are centered, but cruisers have spares that are offset to one side. She didn't use those words so it took me a while to figure out what she was saying, but by the time I did I was impressed. I point out cool vintage cruisers to the kids when we see them (as every dad should), but I didn't teach her that characteristic. Smart little 4 yr old.
useless fact: the fj's spare is actually offset just a hair.
1 comment:
That is too bad that Chloe has had a bit of a set back this weekend. I'm sure that she wasn't too excited about having to go stay at the hospital again. It sounds like you were at the right place at the right time, so that they could get her on medication for the fever as soon as it came on. Hopefully she will feel better soon. We were really looking forward to coming to see her this weekend, but it sounds like it would be better if we came another time so that is what we will do.
Love ya,
MOM
Post a Comment