Monday, March 24, 2008

Footprints in the sand

The footprints in the sand poem never meant more to me than is has through my experience these past 6 months. Cancer takes all the strength you have and makes realize you can handle more than you ever thought you could. In the past few months when it was so hard I couldn't think I could go on anymore the strength of Him carrying me was felt. Because when I think of how we do this day after, I am sure of how we do it. We are carried.
Today is a beautiful day it is 65 degrees! Chloe feels good and is eating better today. Her hair is coming in more and more each day. Tommorow is her third LP and I really didn't mind them pre transplant but now I have to give her medicine every six hours after it is done for 2 days. I just got done giving her anitbiotics every 8 hours but starting wednesday I give her pills every 6 hours. Sometimes I feel like aughhh! And now that is when the earlier statement is evident again.

1 comment:

Gram & Gramp England said...

I know it is tough, but I know you are up to the challenge. You wouldn't be normal if it didn't get to you once in a while though. Just keep reminding yourself what you are fighting for---that should give you renewed strength! The Lord is mindful of your challenges and he is there to lean on. Love ya.