Stacie tried to catch Rhen's Grandpa Passey look on film today. Grandpa used to put his hand out like this and his crooked finger would hang there and he'd say something like, "Well... back in 1984 I bought some stocks in AT&T and GE...." I'd ask him about stocks and Grandma would always say, "Oh here we go again, why did you ask him about stocks Jake?" and she'd always be trying to feed us something. Even if we just ate. Grandma and Grandpa always spoiled us, I miss those two.Rhen keeps putting his hands in this praying postion. It's his favorite position to sit in. I think he is just really comfortable this way, or he is just praying all the time that his dad will be cool when he wants to skip school and go skiing.
Actually, it will probably be me taking him out of school to go skiing.
4 comments:
Hi, random question... I was wondering what happened with Chole that made you know something was wrong with her. What was going on when you found out she had cancer? What kind of Cancer does she have?
Chloe had (we're praying this is in the past now) Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL). She was having leg aches that were keeping her up all night and Motrin wouln't help it at all. We can thank mothers intuition for finding it. Stacie knew something was not right so she took her to the doc multiple times. She looked up the symptoms online and Leukemia was one of the possible problems. Chloe's doc said if Stacie felt like something was really wrong she did too; So she kept running different blood tests to get to the bottom of it.
Jake,
I enjoy reading your blog ond keeping up on how your family is getting along. I cannot imagine what it must take to go through and keep up with what you are faced with. Some times I finish with tears but most of the time it's smiles. Thanks for expressing your memories of Grandma and Grandpa - I can picture exactly what you describe! Take care.
Doug
You are right, "had!" Sorry! Thanks for the info. I was just wondering because my little boy has some little cyst like things on his back. I am going to watch them and see if they change at all but I have been so moved by your story and enjoy seeing little Chloe get better. It is fun to get a good laugh when I read your blog too. It sounds like you all have a good time and enjoy life inspite your trials and that is inspiring to me! PS We contacted you a year ago for a house plan and things were crazy so you had us just print it off and have someone else draw it. Anyway, we love our house and the plan is perfect, so Thanks!!! (It is like your house that the Bernhardt's live next to. But revised a little.) Anyway, I love it so thanks for your creativity. I looked for a plan for a long time and the minute I walked in a house that was built after that plan I LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment