Tuesday, March 18, 2008

expert at sales.

Addie and Elsie were playing outside with the neighbors and Addie decided that they should start a rock business. So they gathered up some rocks and got the toy cash register from inside the house. Elsie was one of their first shoppers and Addie talked her into buying a lot of rocks. Later they came in from playing with their cash register and Addie says, "Dad, we had a really profitable day today." Seeing the cash register I played along and was congradulating her. Then she opens the drawer and there was a bunch of real cash in there. Elsie emptied her piggy bank that had some money Grandma and Grandpa had given her for her birthday and blown it on some rocks. Addie had a $20 bill and some other misc change and bills. She was stoked about the sale, Elsie was excited to have her new rocks and neither one of them planned on putting Elsie's cash back in her piggy bank. They already made the deal. Addie was 20 some odd dollars richer and Elsie had a nice set of rocks. I had to argue with both of them that Elsie was not going to blow her wad on rocks.

4 comments:

melissa said...

I think we need to recruit Addie to the sales department at Direct Door Hardware!

zach said...

So, in a nut shell, Addie sold Elsie some rocks for 20 bucks? ha ha ha.. thats a good story you can tell for years to come I bet.

jake said...

yeah, i made that story longer than i needed to huh? i hope they were nice rocks, haven't seen them yet.

Gram & Gramp England said...

I've got some SWEET rocks up here on our property in Star Valley if Elsie wants to buy any more! Ha,ha!