Monday, March 17, 2008

would you, could you in a train?

If Stacie were here she would have done something cool for St. Patrick's Day. Because she isn't here but wants to be, she suggested I make some green eggs and ham for the girls. I didn't think they'd eat it. Honestly I was seriously debating it myself as I was cooking them and they were in the slimy, chunky, half cooked state - and green. I was about to just bag it and eat some Cherrios. The eggs tasted just fine though and the girls ate them all. They were excited for St. Patrick's day and made sure we all wore green. I was already dressed so I had to change my shoes to some with green on them. They were really worried i would get pinched at work today. I told them if anyone pinches me at work, there will be some problems. I wore green anyway.


Chloe was real giggly when I called her and Stacie tonight. It's nice to hear her sweet little laugh again after she's been feeling junky for a while. Hopefully she'll keep feeling better and better.

5 comments:

Gram & Gramp England said...

You are such a good dad to do that! You and Stacie are much better at making holidays fun than I ever was. Sorry.

Katie said...

Wow Jake. I don't think Nate could make a plate of food looking as good as that if his life depended upon it! Seriously, even with the green tint, that's pretty impressive!

Melissa said...

Jake - I think I could eat that food in a box, with a fox, or in a house with a mouse. :) I'm sure that put a smile on the girl's faces. You have a lot to worry about and you are doing a great job at it! You are a great father (and husband). Your family is lucky. I'm sure they know that.

jake said...

you guys are too kind.

Davis Family said...

What a good dad you are! I am really impressed that you even gave it a try. You did a great job on the presentation, the garnishing added just the right touches. (you better be feeling like a professional chef right about now)