Chloe must have known something I didn't. Yesterday she didn't want to be discharged until her stomach felt better and she stopped throwing up, but I coaxed her to get her meds at the apt. the docs said we could go. She was apprehensive, but didn't want to let me down so she finallly agreed. Well we are back, at the hosptal. This morning at 6:30 I went in to flush her line from her fluids at night and took her temp. She had a temp and was crying of bad stomach pain. I called and were told to go into the clinic. They were concerned about her so they want her to stay. They want to do a whole cycle of antibiotics, hoping to get rid of any infection (which she didn't grow anything yet). They think it might be the bodies reaction from coming off of the steriods. If her stomach pain doesn't go away with the antibiotics they are going to do more extensive tests for GVHD. Go down her nose and get tissue from her stomach (all while she is asleep) and test it for the disease. All the nurses were bummed out to she her here again, but what do you do. I feel bad for her, but she understands why this is happening. She didn't want to leave in the first place. She just wanted to get better. I feel bad for Rhen, poor kid is never able to have a routine. He seems to be handling it well he is asleep right now so I shouldn't worry so much about him. Chloe is drugged up with some oxicodine, so she is feeling better. To make things worse when we went to get into the car to head to the hospital she tripped and fell and now her ankle really is hurting her. Well this is life.
...we are NOT having the time of our life. (greenday song)
3 comments:
So sorry for the little setback. Good luck guys.
What a bummer! Well, I'm glad she is there where they can watch her and start treatment immediately if anything is going on. I know it is hard on you though. Tell Chloe that we love her and hope she feels better soon.
Sorry Stacie! Don't worry about Rhen. He'll be fine. I know your life is far from normal, but even in a normal life, child number 4 seldom has any kind of constant schedule. At least mine never did... And I think they're doing ok! I love you!!
Good luck Chloe. I hope the tummy pain goes away soon. We're praying for you!
I love you!
Post a Comment