Saturday, March 15, 2008

day +61

We are over half way through the 100 days. It seems so close... hopefully we won't have any complications to deal with. We got the ok that Chloe can come home today. Nothing has grown and C-Diff came back negative so far. So we don't know what infection caused the fever. They will check for GVHD next week sometime, the doctors have a gut feeling that something is going on that is why they didn't discharge her earlier. I am glad that while we wait for the test we can be discharged. We will just watch her here.
Addie is handling this the best she can. I try to talk to her about it but she is like her dad. She doesn't express her feelings well. She likes a lot of attention, and we try to give her as much as we can, but it is hard. She helps chloe feel better while they are here. They are really great friends.
Elsie is understanding more why we have such a crazy life. The Ronald McDonlad house has tickets for the zoo and we were going to go but I said Chloe won't be able to go and you guys would feel bad if you couldn't go. Later on Elsie said that we better wait until chloe has hair to go to the zoo cause if I didn't have hair and was sick and you went to the zoo I would feel sad.
Rhen is getting better and better the older he gets and even though he doesn't sleep through the night I have learned to pray to get better sleep when he does sleep, rather than asking for him to sleep through the night. That just made me more frustrated. I fell comfort when I think of us coming home. But this disease is not a predictable one so in the back of my mind I have to know the reality that it might not be on day+100.

No comments: