Nothing new to report. We are hoping to go home tommorow, she just needs to eat. Her tummy doesn't hurt today so hopefully the antibiotics are doing the job. Well, the other day Jake and I were worried about relapse. I hear of stories of patients here and then get worried. So I asked the Doctor about relasp statisitcs and here they are: She is on an experimental drug protocol. There are 62 kids on this protocol and their cure rate is higher than those that are not on it. However, there are a lot more kids that are not on the experimental protocol so that may skew the statistics some. So with kids on Chloe's protocol there is a 63% chance of no relapse, where the other kids have 40% chance. I don't know if this makes sense, statistics never have made sense to me. He said there are other things to worry about other than relapse as well, like GVHD, which can be deadly.
So after a year he said we can breath easy about relapse, but after 2 or 3 years you can breath a lot easier. So we still have to worry a little bit even at a year. It makes us worry and is constantly on our minds but we are trying to take one day at a time. But, at the same time we think about what the future might hold.
Rhen slept good last night, me and chloe did not.
No comments:
Post a Comment