Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday

Nothing real exciting today. We had a doctor appointment at 8:30. She seems to be doing great. We bought a bunch more meds for the next week or so which was really exciting. It's been kinda fun to spend some one on one time with Chloe when she is not bed ridden and hooked up to a bunch of pumps.

We were reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night which made us hungry for some chocolate and wonder how we could get a hold of some of those Oompa-Loompas. Seems like they would come in handy around the house, maybe the garage, kitchen when we feel like something scrumptious.

So Stacie got home late last night and first thing this morning she is repainting the family room. "It's therapy" she says, "helps me relax and get my mind off things." Sounds like if I kept doing some stuff to make her stressed we'd get a lot of work done around the house.

Hey Stac, i'm going to start another business that will require me to be out of town a lot and i'll be gone for two months starting Friday. Sorry, you'll have to take all the kids. (there are lights to be hung and jambs to be painted in the storage room, garage needs cleaning and painting, if you could wire up some flood lights in the back and install a water filtration system i'd appreciate it. Oh, and the oil in my truck needs to be changed - Synthetic, not conventional. May as well wash, wax and rotate the tires while you have it out.) Oh, and i'm forwarding all the business phone lines to your cell phone while i'm gone. The guys in the office are just real busy with other stuff. Thanks, preciate ya.

4 comments:

Gram & Gramp England said...

Man, I wish I had that energy! Actually, I'd just be glad if I could lift my arms higher than 4 feet all by myself! Patience (during physical therapy) is not one of my virtues. Hopefully I will be strong enough to finish up my painting this summer---and then I can start painting rooms all over again---right Stacie?

G Pa Doug said...

Jake and Stacie,

I want you guys to know we all check out your blog to see how your family is doing. Even though we may not leave comments, we want you to know your family is in our thoughts and prayers all of the time. I know Nate, Ben, Uncle Clint and Aunt Margaret always check out your blog to see wha is happening. I must say, you set the example for our family as we all have our own blogs now. It is a great way to keep in touch with what is happening. Thanks for getting us all going! Take care

Uncle Doug

Stacie said...

yeah I pretty much got all that done already Jake so you don't need to start that new business.

melissa said...

You are amazing Stacie!