Monday, February 25, 2008

clinic

Everything went well at the apt today. She took awhile to come out of anethesia, probably cause she was tired. She had a Lumbard puntcure and they do put methotrexate chemo in her back as a precauction or to mop up and blast that could remain. I guess in the central nervous system ,and her leukemia is considered high risk now, it is hard to kill the blasts that may hiding in there so research shows that if they give low doses in the spine and then a pill to give after 24 hours and then every six hours for 2 days to get the chemo out of the system they have better results. She will have those every other week for I don't know how long maybe until day+100. The results of the bone marrow asperation came back as 10 to 20% donor cells. She said that is to be expected this early and there was no sign of the disease. Jake said that he was worried about that but if the doctors say it is normal then we shouldn't worry. It is hard when I am there by myself and ask questions and then I tell Jake about the answers and he has other questions for me that I didn't ask the doctors and I have no idea. I just take that the doctors aren't concerned. They also said that if something were abnormal we would have gotten the test back sooner.
We had a visit from Aunt Kinsey last night which was really fun! She is nice and golden from her relaxing vacation! Chloe loooved to have her come!

No comments: