Saturday, February 23, 2008

The little things

Jake reminded me that the lumbard puncture, although they can put chemo in the spine ,they also pull spinal fliud and check for any remaining leukemia blasts. So that is what they will be doing just making sure no cancer cells are there.

Today is an emotional day for me. I have never been one to covet others lifes, but during this circumstace in my like I can't help but disobey this commandment a little. Just the simple covet of a husband coming home from work and you are there to greet him with dinner or a kiss. Getting all the kids ready for bed together and having that quiet time , brushing your teeth together and laying down at night with the one you love. Taking a trip to grandma and granpa's. To hug ALL of your kids everyday. Spending saturdays together cleaning and sunday together at church, and after setting the table, being able to have prayer and then eating family dinner together.
To ride in the car all together just to get something to eat or go shopping. Seeing how happy your childs face is when they get a excellent parent teacher conference report. To have a second set of hands when the baby is crying and the other child needs your help, or when your new born baby smiles for the first time to say, hurry honey come and see what your boy just did. There are many things I had taken for granted, a smile missed, daily hugs, hello from your kids getting home from school, even when one child won't stop asking to wear your lip stick over and over and over again. This has been one of the harderst things I have ever had to do and today, I apologized is a very emotional day.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Stacie, my heart goes out to you. I think about you daily, if not more. I pray everyday that the Lord will give you peace and comfort to you and your family during all this. I know that my words haven't been the best that I could have said to you and I hope you know that I sincerely mean the best. You have the world on your shoulders and there are many of us that wish we could take that away, even for just a moment. Hang in there.
Love, Karen R.

Matt and Lena said...

Hi, my name is Lena Leak and I have a little boy with ALL. I was in getting my hair done today by Tianna Fackrell (she says her sister lives in your neighborhood) and she was telling me a little about your family (I hope you don't mind). Anyway, we live in the Cornish, just west of Lewiston, and we have been battling leukemia since June. I am so sorry to read about everything you have been through. I tear up just reading your blog. I have an interesting story to share with you, having to do with our baby boys. If you would like to get in touch with me you can email me at waymat99@plmw.com. We may be coming down on Monday morning (count dependent) for surgery. Let me know if I could bring you something. If you ever see nurse Kathy from Boston, tell her I said HI:) Hope to hear from you.
Lena

Amber Bradley said...

Thanks for that post. I needed to hear that. I need to make a better effort to not take any of that for granted! I am praying for your family, and put Chole's name in the Temple when I was there last. My heart goes out to your family! (I am Maria Bernheardt's Niece.)

Angie,Rob said...

Stacie,thank you for the reminder that every little thing in a day is important. I think so many times we take them for granit.We think about you and your family every day and pray for the Lord to bless you with the strength you need to fight this.Chloe you are an amazing little girl and I admire you so much. You have awesome parents that are a great example!Hang in there and know that we are praying for you and would do anything we could to lift the weight off your shoulders! we love you guys!
love, angie k

Katie said...

I'm so sorry Stacie. I can't imagine how hard it is to be missing out on all those day to day normal things that the rest of us take for granted. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful, for everything. You have been so strong though - I have been so inspired by you and your family on so many occasions. You are all in our prayers, every prayer, every day. Jackson wouldn't have it any other way!

By the way, that comments above, the hairdresser, Tierra, is my sister.

LOVE YOU!

Megan said...

Stacie,
Please know how much you are loved. Thank you for the reminder of all the blessings I have taken for granted. I will stop next time I am frustrated with the kids and think of you. I do think of you daily but about other issues you face. You are so strong and I really love you.