First she locks herself in a car in the blazing sun of the summer and barely makes it out alive. Now this.Last night I was helping Spence hang a couple of cabinets. Elsie has been sick so she hasn't been her usual mischevious self (i thought). Turns out when she is sick she is just more calm and quietly mischevious. We had our backs turned holding up a heavy cabinet. Suddenly we heard a crack and the power went out. She had opened the toolbox, grabbed a screwdriver and stuck it in the light switch (didn't have a cover because of the remodel). Elsie calmly put the screwdriver down and walked back to the table. I don't know how she didn't get hurt.
Once when Stacie and I were remodeling our first house I was measuring something and my measure tape hit a live wire. It blew my tape in half, hurt like the dickens and embedded the hot metal from the tape into my glasses so i had to get new ones. Elsie wasn't hurt at all and didn't even cry, just surprised. We're lucky, once again.
3 comments:
Okay---now maybe you can understand how I became frustrated enough to tie Kelly to a chair (for a little while) that one time!!! Ha,ha!!! For anyone reading this---many years ago, during about a week's time, Jake's little sister took a pair of scissors into my closet and cut holes in all of my dresses---cut her sister's hair right to the scalp all across the top---and piled several pieces of firewood onto the carpet in the middle of the front room floor in our brand new house, climbed up on a chair to get the matches off the mantle, and lit it on fire while I was in the shower!!!
if Els turns out half as good as Kelly I'll be pleased.
Apparantly my rather immature method of handling the situation caused her no permenant psychological harm and it kept me from beating the tar out of her at the time so I guess it worked out for both of us! We both laugh about it now but at the time I just felt like my head was going to explode if she didn't just stay out of trouble for at least a half an hour! Ha,ha!
Post a Comment