Thursday, February 7, 2008

so what is next.....

The doctors are excited to see she is doing so well! We will bedischarged on Monday morning, and go to the Ronald Mcdonald apt for the next 75 days. It is day +23 and she will have to be close to the hospital until she is reevaluated on day +100, then she can go home!!! I am being educated with ALOT of information about food, pills, infections etc. There are certain pills she has to take at certain times. She is pretty excited about bustin out of this joint, even if it is only to the apt. The only reason why she wouldn't be able to leave was if she gets symptoms of GVHD, but she is still on the steriod, and will be gradually taken off of the by the end of this month and he says he doesn't expect to see any signs until she is off the steriod. So it sounds postive. She is off her all her antiboitcs and has less nutrition through the iv so she will get her appetite back. Thanks for all your comments to her it makes her smile! I asked her what she was going to buy with her money and she said maybe a toy.
So finally I consulted with a lactation specialist yesterday and she told me he isn't getting enough of the hind milk. He only eats the foremilk and that goes through his system so fast that is causes gas. So for now I am pumping to mix the hind milk and the fore milk and that should help with his tummy. She also said that certain foods don't really affect the breastmilk like most people think. So bring on the chocolate!! No I am going to try not to eat as much of it but it is nice not to have to worry about what I eat. He seems to be doing a little better. We will see in the next 24 hours!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

YAY! Congratulations! I'm probably one of those random readers you didn't know you had:)
I'm so excited for Chloe!

Brook said...

So now you can add "pumping" to your TO DO list. jeez! hang in there, you're doing great!