Thursday, February 28, 2008

learry scary!

Last night I was reading on the internet about reflux and it tells you that if you mix a tablespoon of rice cereal in the milk or formula it will thicken it up so it sits in the tummy better and they won't throw up as much. So I decided to try that since I ran out of the prevacid medicine. Well I found out the scary way that he is allergic to it. Right after he drank it I was holding him and went to get his binky. I bend down to get it in his car seat and look at him and one eye was going one way and the other was going the other way, and he was not breathing! ahhhhhh!! I didn't know what to do he was just limp I kind of patted him and was about to call 911 when he came to. So every 2 seconds I was checking to see if he was breathing. I was shaking and scared. A few minutes later he got a small rash on his cheeks. I looked on the internet about allergic reactions, and babies can stop breathing and do get rashes. So no more rice cereal for him. It was crazy cause I only gave him a small teaspoon with his milk. I am still checking on him every half hour or so. Man scary stuff!

ps Elsie says learry for really so we have added that word to our vocabulary!

No comments: