Today's clinic apt went longer than I thought it was going to be. The doctor thought her platletts tranfusion could go in faster than she normally gets it. So they gave her benadryl before hand and then started the transfusion. I went down stairs to register for her bone marrow aspiration. I came back and thought is was weird that 2 doctors and 1 nurse were just hanging out with chloe making sure there was no reaction (it is interesting now being a BMT patient we seem to get more of a VIP treatment, probably because it's kind of a big deal). Her ears were itching and she was coughing a little bit, one of the doc's was a little worried that she should stay but they looked at her belly and it seemed clear so they let us go down to the rapid treatment unit. When we got down there I noticed a hive on her neck and alerted the nurse down there. We were told to come back up stairs and by the time we got up there her ears were bright red and hot her nose and checks went red and her belly was splotchy and she had a fever. So the doc hung out with us some more and talked about stuff. They are kind of laid back doc's. While I was there one said 'well I guess you proved me wrong (she said to the other doc) we shouldn't give platletts that fast.' We chatted some more while she got some hydrocortisone and after and hour and a half we were able to go down stairs. Well I didn't bring my nursing pump and they didn't know how to charge me to use theirs so I was worried about that too.
She has pain while she urinates so the are testing her because there was blood in there. So we will see what with that when the test comes back. Their was no bacteria in her urine so it wasn't a UTI. We got there at 8:00 and finally got out of there at 1:30. I will take my pump next time, I should know that with cancer nothing is predictable. We're also waiting to hear back about the bone marrow sample they took today. They really want to see the percentage of donor cells in her marrow above 90%. If it is that high, it usually means there are enough donor cells that they will kill off any remaining that she might have had. When they took the sample she had hardly any marrow in her bones so they were only able to get a little bit. But, we have to wait until next week to find out the results. We hoping and praying they are over 90%. 100% would be nice. It's a little stressful waiting to find out test results sometimes, results like these anyway.
I saw the Packer's that are in our neighborhood and Clarissa is such a beautiful girl. I was glad to talk to them. I have been praying and thinking about them ever since her diagnosis.
So that's what happened today. Poor chloe had a rough day plus the food that she wanted to eat, she can't eat it. And day +100 seems so far away, April 22 or 23 will be day +100. We are only on day +30. It seems so far for a seven year old. She wanted soft serve ice cream, pizza hut pizza and breadsticks, and costa vida salad but she can't have any of it because of her diet rules.
No comments:
Post a Comment