Rhen is a pretty happy boy. He loves to smile. It was really cute yesterday, I was talking to Jake on the phone and I told him to say hi to Rhen so I put the phone to Rhen's ear and Jake started talking to him and he instantly smiled. He doesn't get to see him very much but he remembers his voice. I am glad he remembers. I get a little sad to think he won't remember home. I hate to complain but I sure miss my other half of my family. I try to live day by day, but it is hard not to look to the future when we come home.
Chloe has to take a liquid medicine that is very nasty, it smells like furniture polish. I mix it with grape flavoring but it doesn't seem to help. She is now fighting taking her medicine. On monday she starts her lumbard puntures again, where they put chemo in her spine. Now I will have to ask the docs, but I have no idea why she needs chemo in her spine. Maybe it is just a precaution.
2 comments:
That IS weird, Stacie---about the chemo in her spine. Seems like that would kill off the BMT. I mean, I'm sure they know what they are doing, but it DOES seem strange. You will have to ask them. I don't know what to tell you about the nasty medicine---do you have her pinch her nose before she takes it? That will dull the taste some. And I really do know what you mean about missing the rest of your family---but on the other hand (wink,wink) enjoy only having to take care of two kids instead of four while you can! Just kidding! The more the merrier!!
Carol
I know you don't have any idea who I am - I am a Star Valley girl who lives in the Green Meadows subdivision. I was introduced to your family, through this blog, by Becky Leavitt. I have come to care deeply for your little Chloe and family, even though I've never actually met any of you. I wanted to share an idea with you - I don't know if you will be able to use it due to chloe's special diet - but I hope it helps. Chocolate Syrup. It does wonders to mask the taste of nasty medicines.
Post a Comment