No increase today. Bummer.
Every day can't be incredible I guess. Her counts didn't improve today, but they didn't go backward either. The doctor is going to give her some Nuepogen to help give her a boost. As soon as she heard that, she knew what was coming and started to panic. Luckily for her, the Nuepogen will be given by IV this time instead of shots in her arm. She was very pleased.
Dr. Pulsipher thinks that within a few days, with the help of the Neupogen she will be engrafted. We're hoping he is right.
We started the day with the usual routine. She can't use a toothbrush for these weeks after transplant so she has to use some swabs and mouthwash stuff 4 times a day. So I try to get her up to take it and she won't. I reason with her, but no go. I try and bribe her and she refuses. So I threaten to no avail. But she is such a sweetie if she thinks you are disappointed, frustrated or sad, she usually feels guilty and gives in. Which then makes me feel really bad for her because she is doing it for me... but I'm just wanting her to do it so she can get all better.
There are just all these feelings us guys feel. You know, deep in side our hearts where it's red and thumpy. And we always really, really want to talk about it with someone. Someone that will just listen and tell us it will be ok. I don't know why it's so hard but women just don't understand. Guys are all about feelings and stuff.
Anyway, half the time she vomits on the second swab because it has a weird taste. Today was one of those days. So was last night. I know she hates it and it makes her nausiated, but we can't risk an infection so what do you do? Its a releif to have the first one done. Now we just have to go through that routine 3 more times today. Usually it is morning and night that are the worse for her... not sure why that is.
She is really looking forward to having Stacie come today - mostly so she can see Rhen (sorry Stac). She keeps talking about how cute he is and just giggles when she sees his pictures on the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment