Wednesday, February 6, 2008

hoooray, engraftment complete!!!!

Today was a great day. Not only did she engraft today she also won the day of engraftment!! Chloe guessed today as the day she would engraft so she got the glory and won the $39.00 that was in her Calendar. Hooorayy!! What a great day. Her counts jumped up to 1300!! They did say that is has to be at 500 two days in a row to be engrafted but the doc said that since they jumped up so high it was engrafted! (with a little help with nupegin).

She can get off most of her antibiotics and they need to monitor her to see if she gets any infection so they said by early next week we should be discharged! We will still have to live in our apartment down here for a couple of months before we can come home so they can keep a close eye on her. And we still aren't able to do alot of things for about a year. She has no lymphocytes that help fight bacterial infection and fungal infection, plus she is on immune suppressing meds, but it will be nice to be out of the hospital! She just needs to eat more, dang it. She won't eat much and they are worried about that. But I am going to take drastic measures to get her to eat and not let her watch tv until she at least eats something. Thanks to all your prayers and thoughts of our family we so appreciate the family and friends we have. Even though I only slept for three hours (thanks to Rhen being a night owl) it is a good day!!
Here is a picture of Rhen and Jake bonding for a minute before Jake got back on the road for home last night.

16 comments:

the eskelsons said...

GREAT NEWS!!! We are so happy to hear things are getting better each day. Chloe deserves it! She has fought hard and had a lot of courage! It will be nice for each of you to get out of the hospital. You all need that! Thanks for teaching us so many valuable lessons through your experiences. Your faith has been inspiring.

jenny said...

YEAH!!! I am SOOO happy to hear this. I have been praying for her.I am so glad that she will be able to go HOME!!! This is GREAT NEWS!!!!

Davis Family said...

We are so excited for you guys!! Elsie is here saying how excited she is that Chloe gets all that money!! So let Chloe know how happy Elsie is. I am so glad you guys are going to be able to move into the apartment soon, what a nice change for you. Also, thanks for keeping your blog public. I have friends that go from my blog to yours, just to keep up on how sweet Chloe is doing, and they don't even know her. Your blog has meant a lot to a lot of people!

Holly & Cam said...

Wahooooo!!!! We couldn't be any happier. This is just amazing news!!!!! Way to go Chloe! You are an amazing beautiful girl and we are so proud of you!!!!

Brett and Barbara said...

Wow!!!
Finally!!! What a long road you all have been on. I am grateful that you have shared your stories with so many of us. You have truly been inspiring. We will continue to pray for all of you that things will continue to look up!

Cindy England said...

I'm just in tears! I'm so grateful and excited for your whole family. Congratulations on winning the day of engraftment, Chloe. Now eat lots of food so you can get stronger and stronger!!
Love you!!

Kelly said...

WOW!!! That is awesome! I am so happy to hear that! What a blessing. I can't wait for you all to be together as a family again. Happy Day!

Katie said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! Congratulations Chloe! We could not be happier for you!

Angie,Rob said...

YEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAA!
Chloe we are so happy for you and we are excited for you that you won the money! Way to go! Keep up those beautiful smiles! Those smiles melt everybodies heart the minute they see you! We will always keep you in our prayers! Love you, Angie

Kristen said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am sooo happy for you!!! This is exciting!! Spend the money on something good Chloe! ;)

Brook and Chad said...

YIPPEE!!!!! Chloe you are our Super Hero!!!!!! Way to go, girl!

Karen said...

I knew it was coming!!!! YYYIIIIPPPEEEEEE!!! How exciting! Buy something nice with all that money!! We just love seeing that beautiful smile, thanks for sharing with us! We continue to pray for you all daily.

mallari said...

That is so exciting to be done with that step of the treatment! Congrats Chlo!!! And it sounds like you are a rich woman now too! What a great day for you. We love you!

Megan said...

Chloe we are so excited for you. What are you going to do with all of that money? Savannah says "your rich" and that she loves you. Way to go!

Kinsey England said...

Yeah CHLO-PIE!!! I am so happy! I knew you could do it! I LOVE YOU! You are my HERO!

Hayley said...

Congrats! Though we don't know you, we have been praying for Chloe.